The best home improvements to make are those that not only make you love your home more but also increase the value of your home. While remodelling your home is a job for an experienced contractor, there are plenty of easy do-it-yourself renovations you can make around your home to increase its value now. Here are 5 easy improvements that not only increase the value of your home but also let you test your DIY skills! Click here to find out more detail: http://zigbee-automation-home.com
- Paint! A new coat of paint makes a home look brand new and it’s the easiest DIY improvement to increase your home’s value. Anyone can be a master painter with just a couple of rollers, painting tape and a fresh can of paint. Painting your home’s interior is simple and doesn’t take long like big other improvement or renovation projects. In two days you can easily have a new room painted and looking good as new.
- New Lighting. Nice new lighting is a great way to add value to your home but it’s important to think subtle and affordable. Installing a new light fixture costs an arm and a leg if you have to pay a professional for the labor – and it only takes them 10-15 minutes! Learn a new skill and install your own lighting. You can find something affordable at Home Depot or any other home improvement store. Choose high hat or recessed lighting and steer clear of pricey chandeliers and ornate fixtures.
- Tech Upgrades.66% of luxury home buyers said a “smart” home was more important than a “green” home according to a 2013 Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate survey. Also, 41% of Millennials say they are more likely to brag to a friend about a home automation system rather than a newly renovated kitchen. Think built in speakers and other tech home upgrades like a smart thermostat. Built in speakers will stand out and impress buyers and products like a smart thermostat are not only appealing to the tech savvy – they save you money on your energy bills to boot! Tech upgrades will give your home tons of selling points in the future when you’re ready to make a move.
- Update your Kitchen. Although it is not as fun and exciting as surround sound, kitchen updates will return your investment many times over. The kitchen is the heart of any home so putting your time, energy and a bit of money into it will pay off. Modernizing your kitchen is one of the surest ways of increasing your home’s value. Remember though, there’s a big difference between renovations in the kitchen that are easy to do yourself and expensive remodelling projects. The easiest renovations you can do to update your kitchen include repainting cabinets, updating hardware, replacing that old sink fixture and investing in a new dishwasher and stove if need be. Expensive remodels to avoid include structural redesign, hard wood floors, and built in appliances.
- Give Your Front Windows Some Love. Adding nice new shutters to your home is a great way to increase curb appeal which is vital to your home’s value. Your home’s exterior is the first thing people see so they will judge your house initially based on what it looks like on the outside. Nice new shutters will make your home more appealing and add appraisal value.